Corporate Social Responsibility
Our commitment to our people, suppliers, and the environment
At MAC Clinical Research, we take corporate social responsibility seriously. We keep the patient at the heart of everything we do and enhance this with commitments to driving clinical excellence through engaging in ethical and sustainable business practises.
Diversity, Equality, & Inclusion
MAC’s mission is to serve with honesty and integrity, to make an outstanding contribution to human health. We embed our approach to diversity, equality and inclusion (DEI) into our corporate mission, vision and values – embracing our differences; providing opportunity within our workforce and supply chain.
We are committed to supporting diversity, equality, and inclusion within our internal workforce as well as through our external suppliers.
MAC is committed to the following DEI goals:
- Aim to provide facilities for the workforce and public that do not discriminate.
- Employ a truly representative workforce.
- Create a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and discrimination.
- Work towards diverse supplier selection and contracting – considering businesses which are at least 51% owned and operated by an individual or group that is part of a traditionally underrepresented or underserved group in that country.
- Commit to increasing our spend with small and diverse suppliers.
We align with the United Nation’s (UN) 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) wherever possible – making the right choices to reduce our impact on the environment.
Our current progress toward the goals that align well with our organisation feature here:
We also recognise the importance of monitoring our environmental impact as a part of being a responsible business. For that reason, we undergo an annual EcoVadis assessment . Our rating offers us the opportunity to continuously monitor and improve our sustainability management.
These results guide policy throughout the company and our supply chain to ensure that our work is environmentally responsible.
We are continuously improving our environmental management system by reviewing and improving internal processes to achieve environmental objectives. We have adopted measures that include:
- Ensuring our suppliers are continuously striving to operate more sustainably and with reduced fuel emissions.
- Reducing our carbon footprint and waste production across all of our facilities through recycling and repurposing as possible.
- Purchasing recycled or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
- Ensuring that our processes are operating with a minimal and achievable environmental impact, by integrating environmental considerations into all of our decisions and processes.
- Minimising the potential environmental impact of our products and services where possible by reducing the use of hazardous materials, implementing energy-saving products and procedures, and considering the environmental impact of corporate travel.
To complement our efforts in this area, MAC has set emissions reduction targets* through the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi), with levels required to meet the goals of the United Nations Paris Agreement. The targets covering greenhouse gas emissions from MAC’s operations (scopes 1 and 2) are consistent with reductions required to keep warming to 1.5°C, what the latest climate science has told us is needed to prevent the most damaging effects of climate change. The targets have been verified by the SBTi and will be assessed and reported upon annually.
*This target was approved using a streamlined target validation route exclusive to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). https://sciencebasedtargets.org/faqs-for-smes/ MAC Clinical Research commits to reduce scope 1 and scope 2 GHG emissions 42% by 2030 from a 2022 base year, and to measure and reduce its scope 3 emissions.
Making an outstanding contribution to patients’ health is our mission; putting their needs and wellbeing first is intrinsic in our culture and values. We are proud to support several worthy organisations, including Macmillan Cancer Support, Dementia UK, The Samaritans, The Make-a-Wish Foundation, Mustard Tree, and Daisy Chain.
We are dedicated to conducting business with quality, integrity, and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations to meet the highest ethical standards, as demonstrated by our commitment to and compliance with monitoring our policies on:
- Fair trading
- Modern slavery
- Diversity, equality, and inclusion
- Sustainable activities
- Anti Bribery and Anti Corruption (ABAC)
- Moral and ethical approach to business conduct
MAC has a zero-tolerance policy towards Money Laundering and is committed to the highest level of openness, integrity and accountability in its dealings within the company and with its clients, third party contractors and suppliers of products/services. MAC has standard operating procedures (SOPs) which its employees and contractors, must adhere to when dealing with monies. In any new collaboration, MAC performs financial due diligence of all new clients and third-party contractors or supplier of products/services.
We hold our workforce and our supply chain to the same standards.